Sooo, as I was getting content for my site together, I asked my friend Marcy to guest blog every so often. It was also my way to trick her into sending me her mega-delicious taco soup recipe. But, it was back in the Winter, so you might not be all that into soups right now. Either way, this needs shared because it’ll blow your face off with deliciousness. Recipe from Marcy Below. ~ Shawnda
There is not much I like about Winter. However, one thing I love is soups. I love looking for new recipes, as well as, making some of my family’s favorites. During the cold weather months I always have the ingredients of this yummy soup on hand. It is very simple, delicious, freezes well and uses a busy mom’s best friend…the slow cooker.
My husband likes to tease me because whenever I try a new recipe I ask every one if its a “keeper” or not. This taco soup is definitely a keeper. In fact, my husband wants to enter it in his company’s annual chili cookoff. My family likes to garnish this soup with corn chips, sour cream and shredded cheddar cheese. Enjoy!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce ) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 (10 ounce) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- Sour cream
- Crushed Tortilla chips